Friday, July 31, 2009

Back to Fake Life

We've been back in Ohio for several weeks now. I've realized that I've been calling life here "real life," but I think that traveling is "real life" and this is "fake life." We've gotten a lot done in our few weeks of fake life. Steve's book is officially out of his hands and will be hot off the press October 1st. Wahoo! We've been busy in the garden and the front bed finally looks lovely. Only eight more to go. :-p. We've also been able to visit with a lot of friends which has been really wonderful. We ate our first Somalian food last night at Charity's house. Bananas on spaghetti! Apparently it's a cultural favorite. Shanda, Brent, and Abby are coming tonight to visit for a day. We can't wait to see them! Steve caught a bat and released it into the wild. I've been busy on the job hunt and am hoping to get a particular job I applied for this week. I put up ads for my violin studio and hope that picks up soon. I joined a local gym and have been four times this week! I found some great sales and tried not to spend too much money. We've both been busy with church callings. Did you know it costs $.40 for each metal clasp on those manilla envelopes? We've made several batches of chocolate chip cookies and chocolate milkshakes. All in all, it's been a full fake life.

5 comments:

kjirsti said...

Chocolate milkshakes! Why can't you live closer?

Kira said...

I like your fake life. Can we have fake lives together?

Fiferoony said...

Nice fake life. Definitely let us know when Steve's book comes out. Woohooo!

Lindsey said...

There's so much to talk about! Call me girly! :) Hehe

Susanne said...

It was great to see you! Let me know what happens on the job front. I love you!
Mom