Monday, June 08, 2009

A Roma

We've been in Rome for almost a week now! It's hard to believe it's been that long. Our apartment is near the Vatican and very near the Metro, which makes it easy for us to get to our desired destinations. It has been relatively cool, which has been blessing given our non air-conditioned apartment. There are so many things to say about Rome that have already been said, and so many pictures to share that have been taken millions of times. I have little desire to add to these, so my comments here will likely have less to do with the grandeur of the Colloseum and the majesty of the Vatican, and more to do with my own observations of daily life which may not interest anyone, but me. 
 
One of our first stops in Rome was a gelateria. This is typical. What is not typical is the size of these things! I've never seen it served like this in downtown Rome. Apparently you have to be outside the city center. Can you believe we ordered "piccoli!"

 
This is a view outside our apartment. 

 
This was taken in the Piazza del Popolo, where Steve will be researching.

 
This is the entrance to the Casa di Goethe. I imagine very few people have taken this picture. No one in Rome seems to know about it. Maybe Steve will write a famous book that will change all that.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashlee & Christian said...

That is so cool. I am jealous though of all the fun stuff you are getting to see. I could use a vacation like that. Good for you guys, what an awesome opportunity. Your hair is so long and gorgeous, love it.

Lindsey said...

So the house of the german poet? That's rock'n. :) I'm SO excited to come! I know I've said that a million times, but I just can't help it.

Susanne said...

No surprise that you found a gelateria....however, WOW!!