Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Friends in Houston

Kjirsti, Tom, and Erin all flew to Houston for my recital!! It was wonderful to have them here! I feel so lucky and so blessed to have such supportive and, frankly, awesome friends. We had a blast exploring the sights, sounds, and tastes of Houston together.

 

Erin, Me, and Kjirsti after my recital.

 

Post recital celebration at Ninfa's! Chips and homemade salsa, enchiladas El Carbon and Suizas, fajitas, chicken quesadillas with poblano peppers, pina coladas . . . YUM!! I'm really going to miss that place.

 


 

On Thursday we went to the NASA center. We got to see the control room for Apollo 13, the astronaut training facilities, and a retired Saturn 5 rocket. It was especially interesting to be there with Tom who is interested in working for NASA at some point.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

kjirsti said...

Mary it was so wonderful to spend the week with you. I loved Houston! You were such an amazing host. I will miss Ninfa's too. I'm going to have to find a way to go back there. I guess that will make me more in favor of supporting Tom's NASA interests!