Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy birthday Emily!

It's celebrate Emily day!! Here are just a few things I love about my sister, Emily. Feel free to add to the list:

I love her joy for life. It's rare to catch her without a smile.

She is quick to forgive.

She is one of my favorite people to talk to about personal things because she is an attentive listener and a thoughtful adviser in a loving, non-judgmental way. She's helped me through some very rough times.

I love her ability to shape her life and character. Whoa! She's taught me so much about how to change, and has inspired me to seek the will to do so.

She doesn't sweat the small stuff, and thereby has had a tension-relieving influence on our family and in our home.

She is GREAT with children. So envious!

Her fabulous taste in shoes. :)

Her ability to be friends with anyone.

Her diligence and love for learning.

I'm so lucky to have you as a sister!

6 comments:

kjirsti said...

I will never forget visiting Emily in Baltimore, she was so personable with everyone and she had such a wide range of friends. I love her huge smile, her bright eyes, and he outrageous laugh.

Emily Jane Price said...

um, Oh my gosh! I just saw this and I love you! That's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I'm basically like blushing a little bit and don't know what to say except . . . thanks, I'd love to live up to all that.

Erica Jessop said...

I love Emily, she is one of the greatest friends that anyone can ever ask for. She has one of the BIGGEST hearts that I have ever come across, and seriously have some of the best memories of my entire life with that mumpkin!

Susanne said...

Emily is very easy to talk to. She has become a best friend, as well as a daughter, to me. She has a love for life which is contagious and makes everyone's day brighter. I love her desire to live righteously. She is very compassionate! I think she rivals grandma Price in her ability to work with children. Happy Birthday, Emily. I love you.
Mom

A Dose of Joy said...

Hey Ms. Mary,

I just took the plunge into the blogging world and thought I'd stop by and say hello :) This is such a sweet post about your sister! I hope you're enjoying Texas these days...I have a friend at Rice who was telling me about the pretty weather lately...today in Oberlin we've gone from sun, to clouds, to rain, to snow, and back again. Oh, Ohio!

Have a lovely night,
Chloe

Emily Jane Price said...

wow, thanks everyone. =) Much love.