Friday, April 07, 2006

It's Official

Offer made. Package came. Letter Sent.

I'm moving to Texas: the only foreign country in America. I thought I 'd better do a little research on the place before I take the plunge, and figured there's no better place to start than with some good country music lyrics. Unfortunately, this is what I found:

"The lone star is hot tonight and I'm blind in Texas." -Wasp

"Somewhere in Texas I lost my man, Somewhere in Texas by the yellow sand." - Raveonettes

"Now there's no more kings in Texas." - Bruce Springsteen

"All my ex's live in Texas." - George Strait

Hopefully I'll find something better soon, and no, the Spongebob Squarepants Texas song doesn't count.

On a more serious note, I'm very excited about attending Rice next year. I'm brimming with anticipation and gratitude for this unbelievable opportunity!

4 comments:

KP said...

Mary, I wuv you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie! Ich liebe dich, auch! (sp?)

Susanne said...

WOW....One of 70!! WAY TO GO!!

Lindsey said...

kuddos mary, kuddos.
(did I spell that right?) ;)